Thursday, August 26, 2010

The beginning of school

Yes, school has begun! My oldest is one year away from starting kindergarten and I think I've passed along the enjoyment of school.

My hubby and I are still in the process of deciding whether we will send our kiddos to public school, a christian school or home-school. It's a rough decision on so many levels. I don't want my kids to miss out on the enjoyment of school that I loved so much. Yet at the same time, things are changing out there. All our kids can learn just as much if not more from being home-schooled. Obviously I'm qualified enough to teach him. Knowing his strengths and weaknesses, with one-on-one time can really help the learning process to go farther and sink in much more.

While we are deciding, T (my oldest) will "begin his school year" here at home on Monday. He even starts back to his speech classes with the school system twice a week on Monday. Then in another week, music lessons on his teeny tiny violin. Life is about to be all scheduled out! And no one is more excited than myself and T.

No comments:

Post a Comment