Monday, August 23, 2010

What a weekend

My hubby and I are sitting in our living room trying with all our might to get things accomplished with school and work. (Technically mine are entangled, they just flow together.) The difficulty is that we've had a few blows over the weekend. Both quite hard on us emotionally. One will be confirmed likely tomorrow, but that is to be kept between us and our parents for now.

The other is the loss of a dear friend. My hubby has known him since his youth. A mentor, a Christian Father figure, someone who was always there when questions needed to be asked. He so generously did our premarital counseling and continued to counsel us on other issues throughout our 13 years of marriage.

It's a tough blow to not only us but the hundreds, yes hundreds of men and women who knew him. We would be traveling and literally find someone who knew him. The world was never too big, he knew and remembered everyone's name! Of course the roughest will be on his dear wife, daughter and son-in-law. I cannot, nor do I ever want to imagine losing my bestest friend, my hubby. I'm sure age doesn't make it any easier. Thankfully, they just celebrated 36 years of marriage and had a wonderful vacation last month. So thankful that they were able to spend time together not just away from it all, but made it a priority to do daily.

A lot to learn from him. We will continue to grieve, but also continue to learn lessons from a great man. God has taken a truly wonderful man and brought him home!

No comments:

Post a Comment