Monday, September 20, 2010

New Thoughts

This past Friday was an event that changed my thoughts of life.

My dear hubby and I were watching a movie. He began laughing and it somehow, probably due to our colds, turned into coughing. The coughing then turned into a moment that I will never forget. Only with God's help, has the image been blurred in my mind. Hubby's face turned a horrendous shade of purple, he bit down on his tongue and other such things. So many things ran through my mind, but mostly I thought that I might be losing him forever.

By the grace of God, we quickly came out of it. Though it didn't seem, he had actually blacked out during the episode and had no clue what happened. I on the other hand was quite hysterical, but so thankful he was awake and breathing!

I immediately called my mother to come over to stay with the boys (who were in bed sound asleep unaware, thankfully). Hubby and I headed to the ER because I wanted a full run down on him. After an EKG, blood work and a chest x-ray and about 4 hours later, we were done. It all boiled down to the fact that we each had, and still were, sick with some type of cold. The coughing fit sent a specific nerve to take over where his oxygen and blood didn't circulate as normally. He blacked out and supposedly, according to the doctor, is quite normal. All his tests came back just fine and other than having bronchitis, he is just fine!

I thank the Lord over and over again that he continues to bless us! Though during the questionable time I realized a few things. First of all, my love for my bestest friend in the whole world is still number one for me! Next, what would I do without him? My kiddos wouldn't have him at all. Then, financially I would not be able to be home with my kiddos without my hubby. We have nothing set aside, we have huge student loans and we want to home school.

Being in school for myself, teaching outside the home, all of that has been put on my "I don't even care list now." I only care that I am here 100% for my kids and for my hubby. Nothing else matters to me!

As for a 'career' and getting us financially in the place we need to be? My business is going to take center stage aside from my family. God has placed this business in my life 11 years ago and now I know without a shadow of a doubt it is time. Time for it to take flight without ever letting go of my priorities. SO EXCITED!

Now it's time to complete the school work and teaching work I have to finish this school year. I have to push through the temptation to throw it all out the window. Only with God's help can I complete it!

No comments:

Post a Comment