Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow, snow, snow...

There is just something completely magical to snow, even as an adult. The mention of snow in the forecast and I get all excited! I'm sure there is something about the fact that I'm a school teacher by heart. All those years wondering if school would be canceled, first as a student and then as a teacher. The giddiness of it all!

I woke up this morning having all the school districts around us closed, but having many friends in our town still having to go to teach. Our district closes rarely, so when it does it's a miracle. For me it's a double miracle having the college close. I find it quite enjoyable though to have a snow day at home! The boys and I stay in the warmness of our house. T still gets to do his school work as usual. Once nap time is over and B comes home from work, we'll all head out to play in the snow for a bit. Then it's off to warm baths before a warm and cozy dinner.


God has truly blessed us to be able to be home and enjoy his work, all while still getting things done like school work and teaching!

1 comment: