Sunday, February 27, 2011

My First Day Book

A dear friend of mine writes a DayBook post about once a week. Obviously, I haven't been on in a while with school and everything taking up so much of my brain processes. So in order to ease myself back into the groove of blogging, I hope to start "day booking" with the best of them!

For Today:

Outside my window: The sun has already set for the evening. It's finally starting to feel like spring. Instead of the breath catching cold that shocks us upon opening the door, it is a gentle ease from inside to outside living. The Ozarks are once again bracing for a big storm. Instead of snow, it will most likely be tornadoes. Though most people are looking forward to the storms as a whole, I personally would much rather have lots of white fluffy snow instead of those tornadoes!

I am thankful for: So many things! God is just truly amazing, even in the toughest of times. Though I could make a list that goes on and on and on and on, I am going to narrow it down to just one thing each day! Today, I am thankful for all my boys. My hubby and I have been together for 15+ years and I couldn't imagine a day without him. My two little ones just light up the day!

From the Kitchen: I hear the dishwasher rewashing the last load. Dislike the second process, but it is much easier than washing everything by hand. Our kitchen has a new addition! Yesterday, the boys and I took a quick look at the locate furniture store, just to look mind you, and we came away with an absolute steal on a new kitchen table and chairs. I feel like God's hand just led us through with the price, the perfect pieces for us and the fact that another couple who just got married will be enjoying our old set for free!

I am thinking about: So many things are on my mind this evening. 1. The excitement of our first family vacation in less than a month 2. All the homework and grading I have to get done in the coming week 3. Starting a new daily routine 4. Realizing that in two months our lives will change with graduation. It's all exciting and a little nerve racking, but it's all in God's hands.

I am hearing: The sounds of my boys laughter while in their beds. It almost doesn't matter how tired they are when I send them to bed because their little bodies will keep them feeding off of each other for hours.


I'm leaving you with a picture for thought:


It comes from our kitchen just a couple weeks ago. Hubby sent me my favorite flowers, carnations, for Valentine's Day. As you may notice in the background is the 'start' of our home schooling area. It's all been re-arranged with the new furniture, but that is for another time...

1 comment: